(no subject)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Mar 2 13:50:41 EST 2007

hibis.jmr1 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to insert in my application a little music generated by
> code and not by recording it previously.
>
> I remember, when using hyperCard (it was the good time), this was very
> simple, fo instance :
> play "boing" "f#5w c#3e a#4w"
>
> is there a way to do something like that with revolution (I have not
> found in the documentation)
>
> Any suggestion to go this way ?

You can't do it with Revolution directly, but there is a work-around here:

<http://hyperactivesw.com/shakobox.html>

Shakobox only works with QuickTime musical instruments, and is a bit
easier on Macs than on Windows. On Windows, writing to a file works best
(writing to console is broken, I think.) The original author is no
longer supporting this, so it is now offered as-is.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com