XP and Vista question

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 12:29:18 EST 2007

Given that Microsoft will discontinue support for WinXP at some point in the
future, what does this mean for those who setup to use virtuals (Boot Camp,
Parallels, etc)?

It sounds like Vista will be too demanding to be used on a Mac in a virtual
environ.  Since authorization is required for any install, it seems like the
future will be that we are forced to use pirated copies since MS will want
to force the upgrade to Vista.

One of my goals in my two businesses is to use the Parallels solution, but
this may have a short life expectancy.

Am I off-base in my thinking, and should just not worry about XP
disappearing in the next couple years?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas