move file to trash on windows

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Thu Mar 1 08:40:08 EST 2007

Hi Klaus,

the only possibility you'll find is this:
http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/shell/recyclebin.htm
(source code for a xcmd provided :)

There is no vbs or dos way i know of that i could find. But there is
alternative which
is to move files to a tempTrash folder which you can later delete... This
removes all
limitations of the recycle bin as it is just another folder...

Regards,
---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 01/03/2007 13:28:04:

> Hi friends,
>
> anyone knows of a simple way to move a file to the trash with Rev on
> windows?
>
> Executing a VBS script is not an option.
> Using shell("del...") immediately removes the file like "delete
> file..." in Rev does.
>
> I know there is a folder "DRIVELETTER:/RECYCLER" but there is another
> folder in it and I am not
> sure if simply moving files to the first of these subfolder(s?) will
> do what I want:
> rename file XYZ to "DRIVELETTER:/RECYCLER/(line 1 of the subfolder
> (s?) of RECYCLER)"
> ???
>
> Looks like there is no specialfolderpath for the trash.
>
> Any hints are very welcome!
>

> Regards
>
> Klaus Major
> klaus at major-k.de
> http://www.major-k.de

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg RC Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream
International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER