VirtualStore-Deleting files on Vista

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Jun 30 09:21:05 EDT 2007

Update:  The fellow did find a copy of the files stored in his VirtualStore.

It's a bit convoluted.  He started with a version of the game that
DOES write to the Program Files area, so this would have created a VS
copy.

He moved to a version that writes all files to one of specialFolderPath():

35,46,28,Documents,Desktop

My app now looks for docs in the new locations, it does not look in
the old location anymore in its own folder.  So I don't know if
somehow VS rerouted the search path from say Documents to Program
Files?  Where my proggy was looking in Documents but Vista rerouted
the search to Program Files/VirtualStore?  Or whether even the new
locations write to VS?

Those are the only two explanantions.  Neither scenario fits with how
VS is supposed to work as far as I understand it.

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold