Deleting files on Vista

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jun 29 13:33:03 EDT 2007

>>I feel sorry for the Vista support techs.  At least they have
>>guaranteed job security ;-)
>
>Don't.  Have you ever spoken or emailed one of them?   It's like
>talking to somebody from PayPal support.  I was actually given
>instructions on how to defrag my hard drive when I installed
>Microsoft Outlook XP after I installed service pack 2 (I've since
>discovered on my own that was the problem) and couldn't boot into
>Windows - let alone run defrag.
>
>Scott

I still feel sorry for them :-)  My fella is a support tech, and the
calls he gets are unbelieveable.  They've already been thru several
lower level support techs by the time he gets them, and they are
HOPPING mad.  He comes home utterly miserable.  People don't get to
take their anger out on the person who angered them, it is always
somebody else who gets the brunt of it, like my sweet, wonderful
fella who tries hard as he can to solve everybody's problems.  He has
a pretty good success rate, but not before he's been cussed out up,
down and sideways by people he has never personally talked to before.
His job is not a happy one.

I hate calling support techs myself, because I always get the ones
with the scripts to read.  And they are never helpful.  I have the
blessing of my own built in support fella.  He solved our internet
cable problem where Comcast could only read a script... so I know
what you are saying.  I don't blame the techs but rather, their
company who set up such a user-unfriendly support system.

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold