Unit Tests

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jun 28 17:45:53 EDT 2007

David-

> The idea I am working on at the moment is that the handlers are kept as
> text
> files on the server and that these text files also include a full suite of
> tests to run against the hander.

I store my RUnit tests and suites in a sqlite database. Is that what you had
in mind?

> get some tips - in fact ideally the tests would be described in a
> semi-language neutral way - so that the same test could be run against
> various languages using the same data and speed, legibility and other

IMO, I've generally found that to be counter-productive. It has the effect
of dumbing down the tests to the point where they can be portable, at the
expense of a) taking advantage of speed capabilities of one or the other
language syntaxes and b) being able to test language "quirks" that may exist
in one language but not in another. If you've got other experience, I'm all
ears.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net