Any Good Using QTVR in Rev Tutorials?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 10:02:08 EDT 2007

On 28 Jun 2007, at 14:50, Judy Perry wrote:

> I'll try that.  I'll bet I need to maybe fiddle with the pan and
> tilt as
> well.  It was late and I was tired.  The QTVR worked fine in QT
> outside of
> Rev, so I probably need to fiddle with something IN Rev.

Sounds like the alwaysBuffer. It caught me a few times as well.

> Oh, yes, what I want to do... Just am pulling together a little
> demo of
> various interesting things for a conference for educators on what
> you can
> do in Rev that doesn't involve more than 10 lines of script.

A quick repeat loop setting the pan from 0 to 360 is always a good
start. But don't forget to include a wait for x milliseconds line. It
would be worth downloading Trevor's QT external, the QTVR sample
stack had a 'swing to' function that might be worth looking at.

> Many here so far have been very enthusiastic about the ability to
> have an
> audiofile accompanying a PowerPoint presentation.  I'd like to whet
> their
> appetities for something more

  Audio + navigable panorama tends to go down a treat. :-)
Note that you can 'fake' hotspots in movies that don't have them by
polling the pan/tilt/zoom of the player and triggering effects as
needed.

Ian

P.S. It's rather more than ten lines of code, but here's a sneak peak
of bezier-curve-controlled QTVR motion:

<http://ianjameswood.co.uk/temp/
bezier_for_pano2movie_03-06-07_qtvr.mov> (3MB)