Linux and After

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Thu Jun 28 04:50:18 EDT 2007

From: "Peter Alcibiades" <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk>

> It would be better not to indulge in any more personal attacks on people,
> the  state of their software, their color sense, or attack the categories
> you
> think they belong to.  This is where we came in, and it led to a mess.  It
> is completely unhelpful.
>
> What would be very helpful is if Rev felt able to give an update of some
> sort on how the Linux stuff is progressing.  This would also be more on
> topic.

Ya know, Peter.  You are absolutely right in the normal course of things and
I would completelty agree with you.  However - my observations stand.
Everybody is a newb somewhere sometime (as I have been to this community).
Questions need asking and people try to help - it's about community and this
list has a great foundation on that.  But when some guy takes (demands) help
and gets it then turns around and acts like a complete ass then he has
literally set himself up as fair game.  He never even had the guts to profer
a simple apology.  He just carried on as if it were his own personal right
to do as he pleases when he pleases whereever he pleases.  If that means
slandering people - he's happy to do that.  I'm probably a member of more
programming related forums than most for various reasons and I'd have to say
this guy has succeeded in putting himself right up their in my personal top
5 of people who deserve no assistance what so ever.  I personally wish he'd
take a long walk - off a rather short cliff.  I have no compassion for him.
That is not my doing - it is his.  BTW - stating newb color choices is very
helpful.  Any person starting out can take from this that this choice of
color scheme is probably not wise.  HIG's exist for a reason.  Study of
HIG's is every bit as important as the study of raw code.  It's highly
relevant.

Scott Kane
Moderator comp.software.shareware.*