Linux and After

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Thu Jun 28 02:43:52 EDT 2007

From: "Sarah Reichelt" <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>

> Bob seems to be back, so everyone needs to be careful. Unfortunately,
> trying to help him can be very harmful.

<sigh>

I replied with earnest not realizing it was him.   When you first pointed
this out I was very angry at him for a while for sucking me in.  Then I went
to his website (and I don't mind if he quotes me in big red letters across
the length and breadth of the internet on this one) and downloaded some of
his software into a VM (one can't be to careful).  I then realized, on
running said software, why he is having so much of an issue with programming
and felt sorry for him rather than angry anymore.  It isn't the programming
language that's at fault, it's him, based on how his software runs.  He not
only breaks every HIG rule on Windows - he even uses *Lime* colored labels
for his UI.   Programming 101.  Lime labels are the hallmark of complete
newbs - emphatically so when combined with black backgrounds.  The obvious
exceptions being some multi-media applications and games.

<geez.  somedays I exceed even my expectations of being a meany <g>>

Scott Kane
Moderator comp.software.shareware.*