PDF Manual

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Wed Jun 27 12:28:15 EDT 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 7:36 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> The MacOS installer could have done all of this for you -- move the
> files, set all your settings, and create a clean system.
>
> MacOS X cannot be treated like Mac OS9 when it comes to moving
> files around. Permissions have to be just right. (it's UNIX, ok?)
>
> The disk utility in Utilites can fix the permissions.
>
> This is really beyond the scope of this list and all this info is
> online elsewhere.
>

> stephen barncard
> s a n  f r a n c i s c o
> - - -  - - - - - - - - -

I used the disk utility to fix the permissions and it didn't work.
Then I used my original OS X 10.4 to upgrade it didn't work.

Here is a simple fix that is not beyond the scope of any list.

In the finder go to the file you want to open.  Select it and
get the info.

Choose Open With:
I wanted to open a PDF file so it should have said Preview
for the application I want to use to open that type of file.

That is what it did say but when I looked at the list of apps
to choose from ColorSync was near the top.  I chose to
open with Preview even though it already was chosen.

Problem Solved.  Easy Fix!

regards,
-=>JB<=-