character to justify text

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Tue Jun 26 21:35:44 EDT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> -= JB =- wrote:
>
>> It would be much better to access a glyph or some other character
>> directly from the Rev Text Engine.  I find it hard to believe they do
>> not have the ability to add something like that.  It is not new in
>> any
>> Mac engines nor in WASTE.
>>

> If you look into the development history of WASTE I think you'll
> find it has its own share of shortcomings, and some painfully long
> periods between updates.  And it's single-platform, so it has a lot
> less work to do.
>
> With all due respect to Mr. Piovanelli, it's not a good basis for
> comparison with Rev.
>
> It's also worth noting that it may not be the case that the folks
> at RunRev "do not have the ability to add something like that".
> Rev is in ongoing development, with new features added all the
> time.  You might consider voting for the BZ request for this, or if
> there isn't one already creating one.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Managing Editor, revJournal

I am not saying Rev is bad.  And when I said Apple & WASTE
had glyphs which they used I should have mentioned I'm not
sure  how much control was available.  My point was a glyph
is not really uncommon.  Also I pointed out the only thing I
have a complaint with is not being able to expand a line by
1 pixel.  That is a pretty good compliment.  Plus I took time
to say I don't like Apples new justification.

Anyway back to making my own font here is a problem that
I just thought of.  It would be nice for my text to be compatible
within all Rev apps.  If I make my own font any Rev apps that
transfer my text between their apps would need my font and
if for some reason their script counted characters they would
not know to subtract the invisible character I added.  A little
thing like that can make people hate my program so I need
Rev to add it properly.

you wrote:

You might consider voting for the BZ request for this,
or if there isn't one already creating one.

I don't know what that is or how to do it.

thanks,
-=>JB<=-