Exporting card with fields

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 26 16:54:48 EDT 2007

Charles Szasz wrote:
> I have a card in my project that has a summary of calculations on it. It also
> has a small .jpex image at the top of the card. How do I export the card so
> it that it can be read by my application when I open the file with my
> application?

You can do a couple of things, but the easist would probably be to save
the data into a text file (including the jpg url on disk) and then
re-read it back into your app when you need to display it.

There are as many different ways to do this as there are programmers
probably, but one way is to loop through all the fields, saving each
one's content to a text file, separated by a custom delimiter you
define. Then when opening the file, reverse the process and put each
"item" of the text file back into its field. You can save the image as a
file url and then when reloading it, set an image object to that url.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com