Striped Background in OS X Revisited

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 26 12:21:47 EDT 2007

I understand the HIG on this, but for many apps there isn't a
traditional "content region" in the normal document sense, and using the
topStack function well often means using toplevel rather than modeless
stacks.

I made a screen grab of some other app's window and set the
backgroundPattern of my stack to that, but since the pattern's already
in the OS I must admit feeling a little dirty with such a ghetto workaround.

Can we just have something like systemPattern as a backgroundPattern option?

This would ideally also set the backgroundPattern appropriately for
Windows as well.

Anyone know if there's a BZ for this?

--
  Richard Gaskin