WEB 2.0 and iPhone Dev

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jun 25 13:43:24 EDT 2007

Yes JB,

Desktop apps will always be better than web applications. Web applications
are a step back in computing since we went the last decade in a direction
and now we're reversing it. For remote computing we have X11 and NX, much
better protocols than anything AJAX and Web have ever granted us.

The only reason for a web app is the "virtual" presence of a browser in
everything that holds a CPU... even my Nintendo DS has a Opera!!!! So right
now, if you want to jump into the iPhone bubblewagon (I just invented the
term bubblewagon) and deliver something this week so that you hit the press
and the online spots in the week of the launch, the only way to go is thru
HTML + CSS + JAVASCRIPT.

but again, nothing beats real desktop apps.

Andre