WEB 2.0 and iPhone Dev

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Jun 25 12:17:57 EDT 2007

for all in this thread,

you can code web apps using Revolution, you just can't use revolution user
interface controls to build your web application. You can fetch my
RevOnRockets package and see some examples of AJAX applications done in Rev.

   http://www.andregarzia.com/RevHTTP.zip

you can check a post on my site about libraries and tools that will help you
build web applications

    http://www.andregarzia.com/blog/files/webapp_resources.html

Basically you have two components of a web application:

1) The client side which is HTML + CSS + Javascript. This is your interface
and the logic that binds itself with a server. You can't do that in Rev, but
you can create tools in Rev to help you build and testproof your javascript
+ HTML + CSS stuff. Javascript is a fine language too.

2) The server side which can be done in any language, including Runtime
Revolution.

So to build applications such as the one Steve Jobs demoed during WWDC
you'll need to learn those technologies and one more language.

Hope this help
andre