Looking for known Win98 CD-ROM issues

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Mon Jun 25 05:01:38 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de>

> My question, are there any known issues, what could happen on Win 98,
> running from CD, or if not, is it just my test system or my CD drive? Has
> anybody experienced a different behaviour between running from HD or CD?

Just a guess.  But it could be poor or a lack thereof of support for ATAPI
under Win98.  Win98 and below always tended to be unpredictable at best when
running of the CD.  For example html files (simple html with simple pics)
would often send the CD drive into an endless loop without loading to the
screen (though the broswer could be found running in the list of active
programs).

Might not be the answer - but it's an issue I faced years ago time and time
again.  I no longer support anything below Win 2000.

Scott Kane