Detangling Rev versions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Jun 23 11:07:28 EDT 2007

>Hi Shari,
>I am so glad you asked the question.  (because I don't know the
>answer either)  I just reported my first bug. I was all confused
>with the rev version and just entered 2.8.1.  Did you search bugzilla
>to see if a 'version decoder' is already an enhancement request?
>
>--Michael Binder

LOL!  No, I sure didn't :-)  But that is a GOOD idea!  Eric's
explanation of the DP versions helps a little, if I understood
correctly that no DP version matches a GM version.  But that still
doesn't explain how the build numbers fit into all of it, and why GM
isn't listed as an option in Bugzilla.

Bugzilla lists vanilla 2.8.1, several DP options, and several RC
options.  No GM or build number 47x options, which is all I could
figure out to pull out of my version.

So in my bug reports, I included the build number so they'd know what
version I'm reporting on, presuming they themselves have a nifty
decoder :-)

I will input this as a feature request.  I do think this is
important, as it is very confusing when reporting a bug.  I just
assumed everybody else here magically *knew* the decoding secrets ;-)

She has bug number 5175.

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games