Clipboard

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Sat Jun 23 01:16:36 EDT 2007

On Jun 22, 2007, at 11:12 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> That's basically what the Mac Finder does. You can obtain the type
> of data on the clipboard with the clipboard() function, then use
> the clipboardData global array to obtain its contents for display.

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Managing Editor, revJournal

How do you set the clipboard to empty.  Don't ask why because
I really have no reason except I am curious if it can be done.  If
I use the script below it will empty the clipboard from viewable
contents but it will not set the clipboard to empty.  So when I
use the clipboard function it will not return empty even though
I can't see anything after putting nothing on the clipboard.

   set the clipboardData to ""
   put the clipboard into clipInfo
   ask "Clipboard" with clipInfo

thanks,