Again - Player/Image Object "always buffer" Problems

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jun 22 12:55:09 EDT 2007

Recently, Dave wrote:

> I really can't get this to work, I've tried it under 3 different
> versions of RunRev and they all crash the IDE when setting the
> "alwaysBuffer" flag to true. This is a repeatable, crashing bug with
> the stacks and system I have here, I can't reproduce it in a simpler
> form since the App I am developing has evolved over the last 6 months
> or so and the stacks involved have to be called in a certain order
> for the system to functions correctly.
>
> Given that I am about to miss the deadline on this, what would you
> suggest I do?

Just out of curiosity, have you tried using different content in the player?
If I recall, you were using a short (ish) movie in the player.  What if you
use something of some length, like a minute or two long, just to see what
happens.

Otherwise, if you claim you can't pare your code down to a simple stack that
demonstrates the problem, I *believe* RunRev has some kind of paid support
option where they will look through your code.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design