How to determine bug severity level?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Jun 21 13:10:58 EDT 2007

Just to balance a rather irresponsible statement from the poster
below (as there are prospective Rev people on the edge of buying the
product also reading these words )  --

It seems the poster and I are on separate dimensions as I'm working
on a major app, using a great percentage of 2.8 features and don't
see "the scope and bugginess there appears to be in the current Rev
release" that he talks about.

Rev today is LIGHT YEARS more stable and reliable than 3 years ago,
when I first revisited Rev (after passing on the baffling and
unattractive early versions of Metacard). And we can feel the results
of the long conversion from the earlier 'spaghetti' code of earlier
version.

In the poster's own words, he 'haven't personally experienced all of
the "reported" problems' yet he's spewing generalizations about the
product, and making a broad statement of people 'leaving'.

Since this list doesn't seem to be crawling with hundreds of
complaints similar to his, I'll have to assume the poster was
exaggerating, and urge the poster to restrain himself when presenting
broad criticism of the product on the product's mail list.

What is the intention of these baiting posts? To gather consensus to
'kick Rev's ass' into compliance with some kind of populist uprising?
This is a 'How To Use Revolution' list, not the broad complaint
corner.

It must be depressing to be a coder in the thick of bug fixing and
feature design at Rev and hear gross statements like this.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o