Best Practices in Rev development

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jun 21 10:20:40 EDT 2007

Devin-

> I tend to agree on this one. My rule-of-thumb is "2-3"; in other
> words, if I need to execute the same code 2 or more times and that
> code is more than about 3 lines, I'll break the code out into another
> handler.

...that's pretty much my rule-of-thumb as well, but that's a separate
topic (albeit a good one for discussion).

My point was more about decoupling the bulk of the actual code from
the on-screen object event handlers: mouseUp, returnInField, etc. I
don't always do this, but if the handler grows to more than a couple
of lines I'll usually break it out.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net