ClipboardData Refresh

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 20:46:02 EDT 2007

On 6/20/07 3:51 PM, "Trevor Hopkins" <tjhopkins224 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Revolution stack designed to run in the system background and to
> constantly check the clipboard for particular contents. The problem I'm having
> is that the clipboardData variable only refreshes when I bring the Revolution
> stack active (to the "foreground"). Similarly, if I have an AppleScript
> running in the background copy something to the clipboard while the Revolution
> stack is active, the clipboardData does not refresh until I switch out of the
> Revolution stack and then back to it again.Can anyone point me in the right
> direction here? What is the deal with the clipboardData?Best Regards,Trevor
> HopkinsExeter, UK

OSX 10.4.9
Basically the clipboard you are referring to is "owned" , so to speak by the
operating system.  In Applescript, there are notations in the docs that say
the clipboard operations only work when an app is frontmost, and only on the
frontmost window.  This is the same dynamic as the user would witness.

Also, the clipboarddata in Rev does not reliably update when doing the
switch to frontmost.  In the past, I have written some Applescripts to take
advantage the clipboard, and proved that it was unreliable.  In fact, just
proved it again yesterday for a different project.

Not much help now, but part of the landscape.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas