Player/Image Object "always buffer" Problems

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jun 20 12:47:07 EDT 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Dave wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> More on this.
>
> I changed the code to compare the current image data to the
> previous image data. When I do this, I find that the data returned
> from the snapshot command is the *same* on each iteration (the
> frames should all be different), so it's just moving the same image
> into the image object each time.

Dave,

I haven't tried what you are doing before so I'm not sure why you are
seeing the behavior you are but if you can't get it to work you could
try the EnhancedQT external which can export frames in PNG format to
a variable. I'm not sure if this is documented in the version I have
online (qtSaveMovieSnapShotToFile
  is though) but it is there and uses the API so it should be
reliable. I could also just pass you along the handler from the EQT
external if you wanted to incorporate it into the external you
already have for this project (seems like you've been working on once
based on your posts here).

/*
  * Converts a snapshot of a movie to PNG data and places it into
theVariableName.  You can then
  * assign theVariableName to the text of an image.
  *
  * @type   command
  * @param  movieInputPath
  * @param  theVariableName