Looking for a common service friendly stack design

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jun 20 02:37:15 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am looking for your established approaches, how to arrange an application
into one or more stacks or even one or more rev files, so that I still have
a good performance and most service friendliness (updates, patches), beside
of technical needs, where you use additional rev files as databases or image
holder or s.th like that. I have a small application, all in one stack, not
even a substack (didn't need one) with an standalone exe size of about 3.5
MB. The only thing I have outside the stack are images. Right now I actually
don't see any need to diversify my application into more than one stack or
even rev file. For most service friendliness while development I have all
scripts on stack level in my mainstack, which contains also the cards and
actually I don't know yet if there would be a reason to use a substack for
my (only 2) cards?

If your approach is a "starter rev file" and a main rev application, how do
you "go" from one file to the other with unloading the first file from
memory?

Thanks for sharing!

Tiemo