Application Speakable Items

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 20 00:55:49 EDT 2007

kevin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was hoping someone could help me to solve a dilemma. I can't seem to
> get my application made in Rev to respond to speakable items placed in
> the appropriate folder in the "Application Speakable Items" folder. I
> noticed an earlier poster also had trouble with this. The same
> AppleScript files work as speakable items with other non-Rev
> applications so it would seem as if this is a bug on the Revolution side
> of things. I am running 2.7.4 -- can anyone verify if this has been
> fixed in 2.8.1 or if there is another solution? I would truly appreciate
> any help!

It isn't really a bug, it's that Rev doesn't support speakable items.
You might be able to write an external to do it. (The same was true of
HyperCard too, which also did not natively support speech recognition.)
Text-to-speech is a different thing from speech recognition, and apps
have to be written specifically to support each of them independently.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com