My son Andro.

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Tue Jun 19 01:07:23 EDT 2007

From: "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com>

> On a slight tangent, when my oldest son was around 8 or 9, he and his
> brother had old hand-me-down macs in their bedroom. Needless to say we had
> bit of a problem with not doing homework etc etc, so one day I sat down
> and wrote an AppleScript that would launch on start-up and ask for a
> password

LOL!  I've just been through this on the kids Windows boxes.  It doesn't
allow them to enter the password - my wife must do that (or myself).
Basically it takes the current date as an integer and the hour as an integer
along with a secret three character word.  This can be changed by my wife or
I.  Thus to log in they must call us.  It also allows us to set a time
period at which point it warns them 5 mins before (to save work) and shuts
down the computer.  My eldest daughter is a bit of a fiddler so I made it
self healing.  As it's running on a Windows box a batch file runs at startup
(called from a service) so if she deletes it etc it just copies itself back
for the next time.  So far she has not been able to beat it.  <g>  It's not
written in Rev else I'd share the code.

Scott