[OT] Building Installers

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Sat Jun 16 13:23:32 EDT 2007

To: "How to use Revolution" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

G'day Shari,

> You were going to say something but the wife chose that moment to distract
> you ;-)

I have a sticky insert key and it plays havoc.  Gotta replace the keyboard.
<g>  My wife knows to get my attention and distract me she has to put a USB
stick in her mouth and wear a keyboard - I don't respond to much else.
<vbg>.

Seriously -

Check out http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php   InnoSetup is donation-ware
and has several third party options for avoiding writing script and building
via a GUI - they are also free.  I personally use InstallAware
http://www.installaware.com/   that starts at $199 - my version came with
Delphi 2007.  It's Vista aware and handles all the Vista issues like DEP etc
perfectly as well as elevating itself properly to Admin when installing.
Neither are cross platform.

Scott