check for updates button

Robert Mann robmann at gp-racing.com
Sat Jun 16 10:27:09 EDT 2007

I am sorry for lack of info in my question,
My app is a standalone that has a valentina database where all content is
stored.

I have a rev app cgi running on my web site that is working, so I have the
connection to the web and the online database working both from the
standalone and the cgi app

I have added the "check for updates" button to the standalone app the
scripting of this button is where I am having trouble I know of two ways to
check for updates available either text file or put it into the database
(which is the way I think I will go)

It’s the downloading and installing of the updates I am not sure how to
handle, or should I use some other software to handle this?

This new standalone Is in the very initial stages so there will be many
updates in the coming months, but I want to get it out to my customers and
then add the features as I have time.

Thanks
Rob