[OT] Building Installers

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jun 15 23:18:18 EDT 2007

Now THIS is cool!  Here and there I've been trying to catch up with
the multitudes of postings to this list, and I came upon the Mac
Installer discussion.

I wasn't familiar with Developer Tools and had no idea it came free
with OSX.  Pulled out my trusty OSX installer disks and sure enough,
there it was.

Checked out the Package Maker and I agree wholeheartedly with Jacque
and Andre, it's a nifty tool!  Thanks for the heads up, J & A!

Don't you wish they had something so nifty for Windows?  I tried an
installer maker for Windows years ago that was recommended at the
SIC, and truthfully, found it to be more of a pain than a help so I
abandoned it.

Are there any truly easy to configure installer makers for Windows?
I haven't tried any in quite awhile.  I did download installer2go but
haven't tried it yet.

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games