Modification Date and determining when a Standalone is Built

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Jun 15 15:47:51 EDT 2007

I observed that the Creation date of a file is relative to when it's
created on a drive, not when it's actually built.  However, the
Modification date reflects when my standalone was actually built.

Is this universal for all systems, just Windows, etc.?

If not, is there any way to get the date in which a Standalone is built?

I'm looking for a universal method that is not dependent on me manually
entering the date into a script as I may forget and I would like to
avoid that.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software