Impressed: it has been years since I've been hacked this well :(

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Jun 15 07:08:05 EDT 2007

On 15/06/07, Scott Kane <scott at cdroo.com> wrote:

> Here's where the moderator of comp.software.shareware.* should step in....
> ;-)

Your true identity revealed!

> Second.  If running on Windows is the exe signed?

I'm researching into code signing at the moment, including Sun Java
code signing, Microsoft Authenticode (ActiveX controls, executables,
DLL files), and Netscape Object Signing (Mozilla XPI packages for
Firefox and Thunderbird).

I can see from the PAD code signing documentation that it is mainly
Windows oriented - though there is GLP C library? It would seem that
you should be able to do this with standard nix tools or even the ssl
exteranls of Rev - though I think they still don't reveal the SHA and
other signature bits? Have you any other links?

> Finally - if you can't ascertain this information from the programmer check
> www.asp-shareware.org    or www.aisip.com on their members pages.

I took a look - any issues with people outside of the USA? What are
the requirements to join - I only see an email on the sign up form?