Impressed: it has been years since I've been hacked this well :(

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Jun 15 06:05:38 EDT 2007

On 15/06/07, -= JB =- <sundown at nwrain.net> wrote:

> Is the guy still around the area?

Yes - luckily we have a mutual friend - so I should be able to get some
answers.

The moral of the story
> is to
> keep you friends close and your enemies closer.

 Hmmm.... now where does that quote come from Sun Tsu? Maybe apart from just
entertainment this thread could could be turned to some use - lets talk
security.

Has someone else used you Mac?

Noone.  I have a nice long mixed caps / numbers / letters Keychain password.

I am very very pleased that I have moved all my passwords and secure
information of any import out of my Address Book and into KeyChain - which
is basically a front end to very secure open source BSD stuff. Security tip
number one - use keychain on nix based platforms - not sure what the
equivalent is on windows.

Have you installed anything recently?

Yes - but I trust the sites. I never, or almost never download shareware, or
software demos unless it from a company that i know of and can trust.
Shareware and ex-shareware authors out there should maybe defend themselves
here - at least there seem to be download sites that claim to scan
everything for malware. I for one have never liked the look of them.

Pretty well everything I download is open source - I mostly choose projects
that are well maintained and available on a number of platforms - I use
MacPorts (was DarwinPorts) on OSX - one thing I trust is that I have not got
any malware from these sources - the open source security model works pretty
well in that regard.