Impressed: it has been years since I've been hacked this well :(

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Jun 15 05:11:37 EDT 2007

Woke up this morning and like everyone here kind enough to comment - I don't
really believe what happened.

It is definitely not physical access though. The machine is locked in my
flat and sad as it may seem - I've not had a vistitor in a week :)

My favourite theory this morning is coincidence plus paranoia. Without going
into details - 2 days ago I met a very very bright and interesting UK ex
hacker - we talked a lot about various hacker stories and exploits - very
similar to what actually happened to me yesterday - with the difference
that... well this hack was a bit more multimedia with the movie sound clips
about viruses etc... which comes to the coincidence bit.

I was also doing research into video and Flash based projects, and with a
tabbed browser I had 30 or so tabs open - my guess at the moment is one of
those Html pages contained a hidden movie - harmless to all but the
paranoid.

Either that or this guy or one of his mates i met down the pub are as good
as he said they were, and can hack "anyone".

Coincidence or paranoia? I've got my credit card here - ready to recharge my
Skype account, and would like to ssh into my server - what would you do?