Where do I put my universal Externals and Plugins?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jun 13 22:49:58 EDT 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:32:26 -0500, Derek Bump wrote:

> Ken Ray wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:03:02 -0400, william humphrey wrote:
>>
>>> Why is there an extra copy of the plugins folder in the Revolution
>>> application folder? It is so much better to have everything in the new
>>> "My Revolution Studio" folder as that way when you upgrade it is all
>>> still there.
>>
>> Don't know - maybe it's for the IDE?
>

> I'm a little confused here.  Is the "My Revolution Studio" folder
> something that only exists for the Windows version of Revolution?

No, it is for all versions of Rev, and is intended as a place to put
third party plugins so they will appear in the Rev IDE. The reason for
this is that if you actually put the third party plugins into the
plugins folder next to the Rev app, when they send out an upgrade,
you'd have to move them from the "old" Rev to the new one. Having a
folder outside of the Rev app area allows you to not have to go through
this rigamarole, but Rev doesn't create this folder for you - you have
to do it yourself based on the version of Rev you own; in your case
it's "My Revolution Studio"; in my case it's "My Revolution Enterprise".

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/