Can I Stop Non-List Fields From Scrolling?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 13 15:56:35 EDT 2007

Recently, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> I've noticed that non-list fields without scroll bars still scroll up
> and down when I move the scroll ball on my Mighty Mouse.  They even
> move a little when there is only one line of data in the field and
> only one line visible.
>
> Is there any way to stop this?  A client can inadvertently move the
> contents of a field out of sight without knowing it, and not know how
> to get it back.

If the field is editable at all times, then I don't believe there is any to
prevent scrolling.

If you can employ a "locked state" to the field, one way would be to overlay
a graphic with a noop ink applied to it above the field so that no mouse
events reach the field.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director