OT: The iMac is... dead.

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jun 12 16:53:46 EDT 2007

Recently, Derek Bump wrote:

> I am in awe.  I shut down my recently acquired iMac, moved it to a
> different desk, and then plugged it back in.  Now it doesn't boot at
> all.  No LED lights up, no sound is made when the plug goes in.
> Nothing.  Checked the power source, the power strip and the power cord.
>  Nothing.

Possibly related:

I have an eMac, which is left on all the time.  When the power is
interrupted (due to power outage), the machine often refuses to startup.
The one solution I've found is to unplug the unit for about 5 minutes, and
then try again to power up.  So far, this has worked every time the unit
refuses to start.  Not sure why...

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director