Printing an Image

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Tue Jun 12 11:30:06 EDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 8:09 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Not really, and actually that's the exception and not normally used.
> There's really only one print command in Revolution: print card. The
> revPrintText and revPrintField commands are actually custom handlers
> in the IDE that do a lot of the work for you, but when you break them
> down into their components, they both boil down to using "print card".
>
> There isn't such a thing as printing a particular control, you just
> print the card that the control is placed on. See the dictionary entry
> for "print card". There are many variations you can use. The simplest
> way uses no parameters at all and prints the card exactly as it is on
> screen, but you can also print only a specified portion of the card,
> or scale the printout to fit within a particular rectangle. Or you can
> print several (or parts of several) different cards into the same
> printing rectangle on paper -- that's how the Rev print handlers
> create headers and footers.
>
> When using the documentation, the best way if you don't know what
> you're looking for is to just search for the most common word that
> describes what you want to do. In this case, a search for "print"
> would do it.
>
> --

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks!  Your info was very valuable.  Here is a point made in the
dictionary.

The print command prints only the area of a card that is visible in the
stack window. To print an area of a card whose objects extend beyond
the window boundaries, either set the stack's rectangle so it's large
enough to hold all the objects to print, or use the print...from form
of the print command.

I am interested in printing referenced controls without seeing them
displayed and also
positioning them where I want.  From the above statement I need to use
the print...from form
of the print command.

Do you have any info on this or can you direct me to the best area to
read about it.

-=>JB<=-