Printing an Image

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 12 11:09:20 EDT 2007

-= JB =- wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
> Thanks.  I downloaded the stack and it does
> print.  So apparently the image needs to be
> in a field to be printed.

Not really, and actually that's the exception and not normally used.
There's really only one print command in Revolution: print card. The
revPrintText and revPrintField commands are actually custom handlers in
the IDE that do a lot of the work for you, but when you break them down
into their components, they both boil down to using "print card".

There isn't such a thing as printing a particular control, you just
print the card that the control is placed on. See the dictionary entry
for "print card". There are many variations you can use. The simplest
way uses no parameters at all and prints the card exactly as it is on
screen, but you can also print only a specified portion of the card, or
scale the printout to fit within a particular rectangle. Or you can
print several (or parts of several) different cards into the same
printing rectangle on paper -- that's how the Rev print handlers create
headers and footers.

When using the documentation, the best way if you don't know what you're
looking for is to just search for the most common word that describes
what you want to do. In this case, a search for "print" would do it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com