OT: Sometimes I just love Apple Computer

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 17:58:43 EDT 2007

Hi Derek,
Congratualtions.
When the time comes, don't skimp on RAM.
Some time ago one of my customers got an Intel 1.8 Ghz iMac with one
Gig of RAM. This is about the same clock speed as my 1.67 Ghz
PowerBook, also with one Gig of RAM - but it did everything about twice
as fast.
Shortly after that another customer got the same model iMac but it was
only about 1.5 times faster. The difference? It had the base 512 Meg of
RAM. We upgraded it to a Gig and it was also twice a fast. Apple's
requirement of 128 Meg is primarily for people who like watching the
"rainbow pizza" cursor.
For your work it probably pays to max out the computer's RAM.
For what it's worth...
PL