Hobbyists vs Pros

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 14:51:09 EDT 2007

Re the 2.9 incarnation of Runtime Revolution:

there is something a little odd here as I signed up to
Beta test for 2.9, and recieved all the betas and
release candidates of what became 2.8.1.

Now, assuming 2.9 is "one step beyond" ["the heavy,
heavy monster show" - Oh Dear, showing my age] 2.8.1 I
am surprised that there seem to be no Betas of 2.9
forthcoming.

In the light of the recent series of rather repetitive
crits of 2.8.1 I would have expected the beta-testing
to continue: and I, for one, was already with a couple
of 'bitchy' tests to run on the betas.

"Hobbyists vs Pros" is a bit black/white, as many RR
users fall somewhere in between these 2 categories:
get back on this one as my first Master's thesis (at
SIUC Carbondale) was about categories in cognitive
linguists :) - meaning Prototypicality Theory.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.