Resize Slider Thing With the Dot in the Middle

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Jun 11 11:04:09 EDT 2007

Hi Greg,

Le 11 juin 07 à 16:51, Gregory Lypny a écrit :

> Does Revolution have one of those resize objects that lets you
> change the relative size of adjacent fields by dragging the dot in
> the centre?  I noticed that a pretty good rendition is used in
> Rev's built-in dictionary.  While I'm looking at the dictionary,
> I'm also curious to know how to get alternating bands of background
> fill colour in list fields and the OS X-like tabs at the tops of
> field columns which can be scripted to resort the lines in the field.

As the IDE is made with Revolution stacks, it is very easy to explore
it and pick up ideas, code snippets, etc.
As I told in a previous post, use Rev IDE contextual menu to explore
it: just be sure to check 'Contextual menus work in Revolution
windows" in Rev General prefs pane first.

As for this specific resize object between fields, The "How to Manage
Stack Resizing" tutorial might help you (there is such an example in
it):
This stack explains how to position, scale, etc. all controls in a
card when the window is resized with the help of the Geometry Manager
or by scripting.
Tips and tricks, commented scripts, FAQ and example stacks.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.