Imagine a world in which HyperCard had been open sourced 20 years ago?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 9 14:25:07 EDT 2007

Scott Kane wrote:
> A large repository detailing various code snippets and
> stacks would be very happy - especially to newer users initially - and
> in time helpful to others. Finding all the cool sites with code is no
> mean feat when starting out. While this is one of the best programming
> lists I know of it'd still be nice to go to a nice, organized site where
> everything is at your fingertips and easy to find (and explore).

I would love to see this happen. Preferably, the site would be at a
common, public repository (SourceForge, maybe?) so that even non-Rev
people would perhaps stumble across it. This would not only give us a
single place to find everything, but possibly increase Revolution's
exposure to the general public, which would be a very good thing.

Even though I read the list religiously and have lots of bookmarks to
various Rev sites, it is still hard to remember whose site has what and
even whether anyone has written a library or plugin for what I need.
RevOnline doesn't offer a good search mechanism, so I'm not sure what is
there unless I browse through hundreds of entries.

I hope someone will set this up and encourage everyone who has offerings
to upload.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com