Curious QT playback problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 9 01:13:10 EDT 2007

Devin Asay wrote:
> Jacque,
>
> You said the user has QT Pro, right? That means she can save movies from
> the QT player. Is it possible that she has opened and saved the movies
> after having played them to the end? So that the "currentTime" is in
> effect saved with the movie. Would that then cause the movie to open at
> the end instead of at the beginning, therefore end immediately after
> they are started? If that were the case, you could just set the
> currentTime to 0 before you play the video.
>
> Just a thought that occurred to me. I'm not even sure about the saving
> currentTime part, but it's a possibility.

Good thoughts, but... the script sets the currentTime to zero before
each playback starts. I'm not sure saving a movie also saves its current
time anyway; don't they always open at the beginning?

I did get more info from the customer. There is no virus checker running
automatically (she does manual checks) so that's not the issue (so much
for that hope.) The loop does run, she can tell because the
corresponding images flash past. It looks like we're either going to
have to write a special app that does some logging, or just wait till
someone else has the problem too, to see if it is worthwhile to pursue
it. This is when I wish I could just go to that machine and run it
myself -- but she's in another country.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com