Legacy stack woes II -- Restated

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jun 8 11:25:21 EDT 2007

Richard, et al:

>Consider the number of potentially affected users:  the subset of
>Rev users still using only older versions,

If the issue were simply that developers have not chosen to upgrade
to current-format versions, I would ignore the issue and release all
stacks in the current format.

However, my understanding is that RunRev developers on Linux
platforms do not have a current-stack-format version option.  If I am
wrong, then your point is well taken; if I am correct, I feel than an
open source package like SDB might be best received by developers
using an open source platform, and therefore Legacy-format is a must
until Linux developers have another option..

Rob