Center text within a field?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jun 7 12:24:38 EDT 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:

> I realize it would take a lot of initial work, but you guys seem up
> for it: why not just use a lookup table with the exact values you
> need for each font "condition" listed?

Hi Joe,

I think the time to research all of the possible scenarios would take
longer then it did to right the image analyzer handler (~1/2 hr) as I
would have to do this for Mac/Win and even then I wouldn't know if it
would work with fonts I don't have installed. The problem I kept
running into is that different fonts at the same size can have very
different heights.

> Of course, you can limit the amount of preparation by just limiting
> the acceptable fonts and perhaps some of the other ranges as well.
> This way the table of values could be expanded over time and by
> others if need be without coming up with any "exact" formulation at
> the outset. Just a thought!

Limiting the text size ranges and fonts would have been an option and
I almost went that route. But now that I have a handler to analyze
the glyph I don't have to worry about it no matter what the user
throws at it.

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore