Problem with Browser Sampler Stack in Rev/Mac 2.8.1

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu Jun 7 03:54:59 EDT 2007

OK folks, here's the cure for the crash in the "Browser Sampler.rev"
stack. It certainly cures it on my Mac Mini, and perhaps it will cure
the fleeting problems that one or two of you have experienced.

In stacks "InetBrowser" and "FlashDemo", there is a card called
"browserTest". Go to the last line of the resizeStack handler and REMOVE
the last line which looks like this:

revBrowserSet the altBrowserId of this stack, "rect", the rect of image
"browserimage"

The fact that it is in the resizeStack seems to support the idea I put
forward in my last e-mail: probably a problem of timing. This might add
up to something like: "Don't muck about with the rects of the altBrowser
when they're already being mucked about with during some process of
re-sizing".

I'll leave the elaborations, qualifications and more precise theories
about this problem to those of you who are more technically qualified to
do it. I've certainly found a cure for it on my machine, but my ideas
about it might not be accurate.

Bob