There's no place like Home

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Jun 6 23:23:36 EDT 2007

Nothing. Absolutely Nothing. Any stack which launches everytime Rev does,
goes into the memory footprint and possibly adds frontscripts, backscripts
providing more opportunity to mess with the fragile IDE. Until the IDE runs
in it's own thread, I'd rather see some good demo stacks than a Home stack.

As I recall, the Home stack did a number of things for HC users. It
introduced them to HC, provided a place for permissioning, showed some
samples along with code, provided clip art and buttons, allowed users to use
it as an Address book, etc.. To pollute the Rev IDE with all of this seems a
bit overwhelming to me.

There certainly must be a better way to create a strong first time user
experience?

-Chipp