strange (german) system date

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 6 10:07:48 EDT 2007

Klaus Major wrote:

>>> Verified here.
>>> This is an engine bug introduced with version 2.8.1, meaning that
>>> Rev in their attempts to be progressive are one step ahead of
>>> themselves in this particular instance.
>
> Filed under bug #5112, but Mark S. was faster than me and so #5122 is
> a duplicate of #5035 :-)

It might also be helpful to know whether this issue is unique to German
systems, or all non-US systems, or which set of systems are affected.

One of the things that impressed me about RunRev's handling of v2.8.1's
development was how much longer they extended the beta test period.  Do
we know if this bug was introduced while fixing something else late in
the game, or did we really have so little testing done by our European
friends?

That's not meant to sound provocative; we all get busy, and I've missed
whole beta cycles in the past when I've had project deadlines to meet.

But for the future it would of course be ideal to have a test cycle long
enough to allow folks to run their own stuff sufficiently to catch
regression issues like this.

What recommendations could we make to minimize the potential for these
sorts of errors going forward?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal