Launching Visual C++ 2005 Applications

Heywood Jablomie heywood at inbox.com
Tue Jun 5 16:08:56 EDT 2007

Dear List,

I have a problem, hopefully someone can help.

I can't seem to get Revolution to launch an exe I made with Microsoft Visual C++. The exe in question runs fine if I double click it in Windows XP, but when I use "open process <path>" all that appears is a command line dialog (which is unresponsive) and no output from the program (which indicates that it is not running).

To control for the "open process" command I can confirm that I am able to launch a 3rd party command line exe which runs without any problems. I don't know how the launchable program was made.

I'd appreciate any ideas about how to make my program run when launched (a command line parameter maybe?). I know this isn't a strictly "Rev" question, but it seems reasonable that someone here might be able to help.

Thanks a lot,

Doug