Legacy stack woes

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jun 5 12:49:07 EDT 2007

Hi All,

In setting up an SDBII demo for interested parties I have run into
the need to distribute stacks in Legacy format so the software can be
used by Linux developers.

Working in RRv2.7+ and building distribution downloads in Legacy
format cries out for: developers' handlers to:

1. Identify the format of a stack (AFAIK, the SmartProperties plugIn
will not retrieve stack properties, and lacking the list of
properties by object available in pre-v2.7 docs, I don't even know
the name of the stack property designating Legacy or v2.7+
format.  Without this capability, I have to open each stack I save in
Legacy format in v2.7+ with an older version of RunRev that will
throw an error if the format is not Legacy.)

2.  Save a stack in Legacy format, specifying an extension other than
".rev" (Three of Serendipity's four proprietary file types remain in
stack format.  Every time I save those stacks in Legacy format, I
must subsequently rename them to remove ".rev".)

3. Save multiple stacks in Legacy format without having to reset the
"Save as type" popUp every time.

Suggestions or comments?

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company